Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Remodel Day 83 - 4/26/2011

This is a good shot of the crawl space in the ceiling.  This is important because it provides access to the air conditioning duct work.  It is BAD because hot air gets trapped in there and ends up heating up the house.  I know there is some kind of a reverse fan that sucks the hot air out, but I can't remember what it is.  I also seem to remember that the city of Burbank offers a rebate for installing these things.  I guess the rationale is that by drawing out the trapped hot air, but house doesn't get heated up and therefore you use less energy running the air conditioning to cool off the house.  I better call and figure this out

Now here is some exciting roofing news - look!!!  It's getting covered with plywood.  The shingles go on next!








More shots of the plywood.

And here is the reason why I will NEVER be a roofer.  Actually here is ONE of the many reasons why I will NEVER be a roofer.  I can't imagine having to be up that high let alone having to work up there.  Look at Eric (one of the construction guys) in the photo on the left.  He is up on the roof while the other guys hand him plywood sheets up to him.  I'll pass.  Not that anyone was asking.



And here is my project for the day.  Clean out the garage.  Ugh.  We will be moving into the garage toward the end of the project when they need to work on the kids' bedroom and the family room for windows, ceilings and flooring. This has been the dumping ground while we were moving out of the front of the house.  

Eventually this area will be our main residence.  I'm scared....
`

No comments: