Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Remodel Day 98 - 5/11/2011

Jumping ahead a few days.  We hit one rain day and then the weekend and then work had to be suspended until we passed another inspection.  The inspection was yesterday May 10th and was rough plumbing  and roof sheeting and nailing.  We passed. 

But the most exciting news for today is......WALLS!  We have walls.  It is starting to look like a house!  OK....just sort of....
Here's an inside view of the walls.  They put up the shear wall first and then cut out the holes for the windows. If you have no idea what a shear wall is like me, I looked up the definition.  Here it is:
shear wall: A wall portion of a structural frame intended to resist lateral forces, such as earthquake, wind, and blast, acting in the plane or parallel to the plane of the wall.
Here's a bird's eye view of the roofing. 

And here's a picture totally unrelated to the remodel.  Just another reason I love our contractor.  I got a basketball net for the kids (thanks to all of the research done by Josh Staub - thanks Josh!).  When Rob the contractor saw the boxes he asked me if I wanted him to put it up for us.  He's a nice guy.




No comments: