Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Remodel Day 115 - 5/28/2011

Today was the day we talked budget.  Or shall I say how much we are over budget.  I know, I know, everyone said to add 25% to our original plan.  We counted on a few changes, but now we need to take a look at what needs to be cut.  We've made a number of changes/additions and they were all worth while, but now we need to face the reality of what still needs to be done and how much money we have left. 

Some of the changes were:
Change Order 1 - Tankless water heater and replace mainline.
Change Order 2 - Additional permits needed to replace mainline.
Change Order 3 - Raise ceilings to 9 feet.
Change Order 4 - Move walls to accomodate new closet design, move stairs, skylights.

We decided to do the interior painting ourselves and also are considering cuts in the kids bathroom.  I'm going to look for a vanity I can order as is instead of a custom cabinet and also to look into those fake walls to go around the bathroom tub.  I'm not thrillled about that proposition.  Rob suggested cheap flooring in the bathroom too instead of tile, but I totally refuse to do that.  I've lived with cheap linoleum floors for too long and I'm all done with them. 

Time to head out to Lowe's to see what I can find.  More later. 

No comments: