Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

January 3, 2009

2009? Is that really possible? My family and I have just spent a week in Arizona visiting with my sister and her family. I watch my niece and nephews as young adults and remember them as little children runnng around in diapers. Now here I am with the little ones running around. Thankfully only one left in diapers. Totally over that whole phase. Phew.

But here's my point. When am I ever going to get to tomorrow? What I mean is I live alot of my life in "I'll get to that tomorrow". I'm not talking about my never ending list of projects, or my volunteer work at school, or my service work in AA. I'm talking about the tomorrow when I finally get to me. I'm 45 years old. I don't want to look back on my life saying "I wish I had more fun". And as of right now - that is exactly how I feel. When am I going to let go, lighten up and just have fun. I don't even know how to have fun. I don't know what I like to do for fun. I don't know how it feels to feel fit and happy in my body. 2009 is going to me the year of Me.

1 comment:

Katya said...

it's my fault for leaving you on the weekends and going to Nordstroms.......all my fault!