Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Remodel Day 167 to 169 - 7/19/2011 thru 7/21/2011

The tile work is going well.  The diagonal pattern had to be adjusted a little.  I'm worried the brown might be too dark.  But I like it.  I think.  I'm terrible at making these decisions with confidence.

One of my favorite things about the soap/shampoo box is that little white shelf on the bottom of it.  I didn't like the box at first.  It seemed too shallow.  So Rob thought up a great idea.  He sent me to the guy that is going to cut our granite for the kitchen.  He has alot of scraps.  I chose a very basic white travertine scrap.  He cut us a small shelf from the scrap and added it to the shampoo box to make it a little deeper.  Brilliant!  We're going to do the same for the far end of the tub!  I love it!

Tom changed his mind about the second shampoo box.  Yay!  It's gone! 
Also can you see we decided to run the tile up the whole way to the ceiling?  Our last bathroom did not have that.  And the paint above the tub surround was always peeling.  I wanted to avoid that this time so the tile was extended even though it cost a little more in materials.


Another shot of the brown tile.  Do you like it?


One last shot of the tile work.  This guy is sick of me taking his picture.  He totally ignores me now.  Not to mention the fact that Benny also walked through his tray of grout.  Remember - Benny also walked through the cement floor he poured last week.  Benny is not making points with this guy. 

No comments: