Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Remodel Day 162 - 7/14/2011


  We got some good news today - the engineer approved the shear wall.  Now onto the inspector from the Burbank tomorrow.  Keep your fingers crossed. 

But there was finally some progress on other fronts.  The tile crew started work today.  I thought the walls just had to have the green board on it, but apparently the walls in the tub surround are prepared much in a manner similar to the steps it takes to apply stucco.  Today the "scratch coat" is being applied and will be followed by the brown coat. 


Here's another point of contention. 
I want only one soap box and Tom wants two. 
As you can see I lost this argument. 

This guy made the work look so easy. 
I admire anyone that can work with their hands to create something, whether it is a  construction project or art work. 
I can barely draw a stick figure. 

I will stick to numbers and Excel. 
As Tom reminds me often "Just face it.....you're a nerd."

No comments: