Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Remodel Day 43 - 3/17/2011


The PODS have arrived.....beware.


We've been packing all week. And living with boxes and piles of "stuff" all over the house. Clutter makes me tense. I'm a self proclaimed OCD neat freak. I feel that having a not-so-organized husband, 4 kids and a dog is a test of my mettle to see how much I can handle. Some days I do well......and other days I don't. This week I was not doing so well. It was overwhelming living in the disarray and on top of it having the kids home for spring break. I thought I was going to break. OK - enough complaining.

BUT........ today was a good day.
The PODS people arrived.
They delivered a 16' x 8' x 8' storage unit.
(2 hours late I might add!)
We thought it would fit in our driveway. We were wrong.
So instead it was deposited on our front lawn. I apologize to our extremely patient and supportive neighbors for tolerating this eyesore. But we had no choice. We'll make it up to you all this summer with multiple pool parties.......we promise.

Back to the story ....... so today we loaded up the POD with all of the boxes and "stuff" that was cluttering up our house. As of tomorrow we will have to be completely out of the front part of the house since the demolition of the interior will begin. If you have a minute, say a prayer for us. We could use it.

No comments: