Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Remodel Day 10 - 2/10/2010

I'm starting to be able to see the addition to the front of the house. I am not good at picturing things unless I see them right in front of me. I guess that's not really picturing things....huh? It's just looking at things.

Tom is the idea man on this remodel. He can visualize what he wants and can look at an architectural plan and see whether or not it works. I can't. As I mentioned earlier - I will stick to my strong suit and focus on Excel and managing the remodel costs.

Here is the progress they made today on the forms. You can see where the new entrance will be. It's to the left of the old door.

We also discussed putting in a tankless water heater. This will be a dream come true. With six of us in the house, we always run out of hot water. We told the contractor to consider that we will soon have three teenage girls in our house. And we asked him to base his recommendation on that. He answered immediately without any hesitation, and told us to forget about the tankless heater ......and get a shotgun instead. Hysterical. A contractor AND a comedian. Awesome.

No comments: