Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Desires

I had a conversation the other day with a friend about "desires". The unrequited love, the material possession - whatever. As I was talking to her and asking her questions, I found that I should be asking these questions of myself.

As we were discussing one object of desire I asked her to forget about the person/thing and asked her "What do you want?". It brought back a memory for me about a similar conversation I had years ago with my friend Karen. She asked me a much deeper question................... "How do you want to feel?"

With that said I've decided to answer that question for myself. Here goes.
1. I want to feel that I am looking forward to my day without waking up with the running list of "things to do" filling my head 30 seconds after I open my eyes.

2. I want to feel blessed to have a full and busy life.

3. I want to feel comfort in knowing that I will carve out a portion of the day just for myself. I want that time to be filled with something that nurtures just me whether it be exercise, meditation or just quiet.

4. I want to feel that I am bringing peace and harmony to my family and friends. I want to stop being so impatient with them and stop rushing them just because I have overscheduled my day.

5. I want to feel the release of "letting go of the struggle". When I stop controlling, managing and manipulating I know I am doing Alima's will not God's.

6. I want to feel gratitude for the abundance of what I have today rather than what I want tomorrow.

No comments: